Gallery

Monday, September 21, 2009

iChest Touch

So last week, I had some minor heart surgery. Believe it or not, there is such thing as "minor" heart surgery. I now have an implanted pacemaker/defibrillator combo in my upper left chesticle.

No big deal. I get a lil scar and a little bump, then live my life normally.

OR SO I THOUGHT. I read the user's manual and find out some rules about this bugger. Apparently there are some severe limitations to go along with my device.
Here are just a few taken right out of the book...

I can not be within 6 inches of "magnetic wands like those commonly used in the game of BINGO."

Its a good thing I have a girlfriend, or I don't know what I'd do with my saturday nights from 3-5pm.





I can not let my device be within 12 inches of a running chainsaw.

What if I wanted to host a slumber party in rural Texas?





The device can not come within 24 inches of an arc welder.
Which means I now have no hobbies.


Thanks for reading,
-Scott

PS. In all seriousness, thank you to all who sent me well wishes. I appreciate all the love.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn Scott -I had no idea. So glad you are doing well. Oddly enough you were and probably still are in better shape than 95% of illustrators out there :)
Take care amigo-S

Zelda Devon said...

Scott, that's a bummer about not being able to be around chainsaws. :( Love your little illos. Hope you're feeling better.

Andrew R. Wright said...

I hope your doing well man. The work is looking great!

11100001001000101101010
^Do NOT repeat that in public!

McLean Kendree said...

Holy crap dude, this is the first I heard about it. It looks like you're keeping a pretty stellar attitude about it though, an inspiration to us all!

Anonymous said...

You are partially safe at the Kramer's I have a chainsaw but no arc weilder, and Deb pats me down with a wand.


E.

Anonymous said...

I love having a robotical son

I am lame. said...

Could you be any more desperate for attention? What's next? Skywriting?

Skip Jenner, Floutist said...

WHAT??! You need a new heart?!? Even though you stole mine years ago?!?

Awwww :)

Your sexually ambiguous and oft confused friend,

O

Unknown said...

Altmann: My shape is lumpy now. I'm not sure what that says about the other 95%.

Zelda: The lumberjack dream dies hard. (sniff)

Andrew: Thats messed up, man. What if a child read this blog?

McLean: I have no emotions now that my heart is mechanical.

Lame: They won't let me on a plane, but not a bad idea.

Skip: I still have yours. But I never refridgerated it so it went bad.